mobile phone link image
jobs page link image
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter
00  Month

Are you a sheep/goat keeper?

Created on 15/01/2017 @ 16:41
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Local sheep and goat keepers are being reminded to submit their annual inventory form by February 1, to avoid potential penalties.

The form can be submitted by either logging onto the EID Cymru website (, or by returning the paper form in the pre-paid envelope.

Once the form has been submitted, keepers will receive a receipt which should be kept for record keeping purposes. Should you no longer keep sheep and goats and aren’t planning on keeping any in the next 12 months, you need to de-register as a keeper with APHA (0300 3038268).

FUW Policy Officer Charlotte Priddy said: “The annual inventory of sheep and goats is a legal requirement and it is vital that you recorded all the sheep and goats of which you are the registered keeper, by CPH location on January 1, 2017. The number of sheep/goats you declare must include breeding sheep, rams, ram lambs, store and finished lambs, cull ewes/rams, goats and any other sheep.

“It is important that you do this to avoid a potential cross-compliance penalty and an increased likelihood of an inspection.”

If you require assistance, contact the EIDCymru service helpline 01970 636959 or email

icnn logo