mobile phone link image
jobs page link image
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter
00  Month
May19 Created by david williams on 5/19/2018 10:00:00 AM

Iolo says he hopes that Council have plans to counter destruction caused by new school
Read More..

May20 Created by david williams on 5/20/2018 10:00:00 AM

Fed up parents and schools will be backed by police action if problems persist
Read More..

May24 Created by david williams on 5/24/2018 7:00:00 AM

Council steps up its clampdown after a spike in fly-tipping in the Welshpool area
Read More..

May21 Created by david williams on 5/21/2018 7:49:56 AM

The row over the correct spelling of a village name has taken a turn for the worse
Read More..

May23 Created by david williams on 5/23/2018 1:11:00 PM

The days of Arriva Trains Wales are coming to an end with a new European operator coming on board
Read More..

New legislation for holiday lets

Created on 12/04/2011 @ 12:23
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


As the result of a recent consultation by Communities and Local Government entitled “Making better use of Energy Performance Certificates and Data” it will be a legal requirement from June 30 for all holiday let accommodation to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
EPC’s (left) are designed to give an indication of the current energy efficiency of a property and the amount of carbon dioxide that it produces as well suggestions to improve the energy efficiency and reduce the carbon dioxide emissions of the property.
The legislation requires that energy performance certificates are produced for all buildings or parts of a building that are sold, constructed or rented out including holiday lets that are rented out for four months or more in any 12-month period. 
EPC’s that are produced for holiday let accommodation will be valid for a 10-year period but a new EPC can be produced at any time if any improvements to the energy efficiency of a property are made.
The new legislation will be enforced by trading standards and the owners of non exempt holiday let properties that fail to comply to this legislation are liable to be prosecuted, with a potential fine of £200 for each tenant that has rented the property during the period of non compliance.
Local company McCartneys has a trained team of Domestic Energy Surveyors who can produce an EPC. For further information or to book an appointment contact your local McCartneys office.
icnn logo