mobile phone link image
jobs page link image
 
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter
day
00  Month

Montgomery Show will go on

 
Created on 09/08/2017 @ 04:38
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


Organisers of Montgomery Show have announced that its carnival and parade will be cancelled this year in light of recent events, but that show on August 19 will ahead.

Organisers said that the mother of James Corfield, Louise, has for many years been the driving force behind these two popular parts of the Show which won’t go ahead this year following his tragic death last month.

“In view of these events and as a mark of respect it has been decided to cancel this year’s Carnival and Parade through the streets,” the Show announced online. “This means there will be no floats and no activities in the Broad Street areas. There will also be no Carnival Queen for 2017.”

Nevertheless, the Show will commence as usual at 1pm – plans are complete and the Show promises to be an afternoon of cracking entertainment, they said.

After a two-year absence the main attraction will be the return of the Galloping Acrobatic team which proved to be very popular on their last visit.

Children’s sports and entertainment, climbing walls, vintage cars and falconry are amongst a host of attractions. And of course there will be the magnificent Horticultural marquee stuffed full of exhibits.

Admission on the day: Adults £5; Children and Pensioners £3. Pre-show tickets can be obtained from Bunners at £4.50 each.

 

icnn logo