mobile phone link image
jobs page link image
 
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter
day
00  Month
Apr23 Created by david williams on 4/23/2018 8:15:33 PM

A number of businesses were hit as thieves target the industrial estates for the second time
Read More..

Apr25 Created by david williams on 4/25/2018 10:00:00 AM

The plans are being discussed by the Town Council at tonight's meeting
Read More..

Apr20 Created by david williams on 4/20/2018 8:50:49 AM

The stakes were high as crews had to mooooo-ve quickly to rescue stricken livestock  
Read More..

Apr24 Created by david williams on 4/24/2018 8:00:00 AM

Residents mock pot hole problem on line but Powys says it will get on top of the problem
Read More..

Apr19 Created by graham breeze on 4/19/2018 7:00:00 AM

Well known  Montgomery couple have been honoured for their community work.
Read More..

Chimney warning after local blazes

 
Created on 05/12/2017 @ 07:35
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


Welshpool Fire Station has issued a warning and some welcome advice to householders following big chimney blazes over the past week.

Fires in Berriew and Buttington have required extensive resources to bring under control and while the causes of those fires are being examined, the station has issued a note to all residents who use log burners or open fires.

“With the winter weather firmly kicking in, more of us are using log burners and open fires,” said a spokesperson. “We’ve recently attended a number of chimney fires so we want to share this link which contains some safety tips.”

The link - https://www.nationwide.com/wood-stove-safety.jsp - provides advice and residents are also told that regular maintenance of the chimneys is also necessary.

For Sunday’s blaze in Buttington, firefighters from Llanfair Caereinion, Montgomery and Llanfyllin worked with their Welshpool colleagues for nearly three hours to bring it under control. Firefighters from Shropshire were required to provide cover the area for the evening.

A spokesman for Mid and West Wales Emergency Services said: “The fire involved a roof void in the detached property and resulted in an area of the roof void being severely damaged by the fire and heat.”

 

icnn logo