mobile phone link image
jobs page link image
 
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter
day
00  Month

Fire caused by clothes close to cooker

 
Created on 25/03/2018 @ 10:28
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

 

The dangers of leaving objects too close to a cooking appliance were highlighted yesterday after firefighters attended a house fire in Oldford.

The incident happened at around lunch time when, luckily, a neighbour heard smoke alarms and called 999.

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by the ambulance service.

“The house was heavily smoke logged,” said a station spokesperson. “Neighbours raised the alarm and said that smoke was coming from the property but it seemed to be clothes smoldering inside near a cooking appliance.”

One crew from the station attended the emergency and vented the property.

 

icnn logo